10 tips for choosing a good solar PV installer
Posted by Cathy Debenham on 2 June 2010 at 2:43 pm
1. Find out how long they've been in the business.
2. Ask if they will subcontract any of the work out, and if so, to who.
3. Are they qualified electricians?
4. Ask for recommendations from previous installations - either find them on YouGen, or ask for names and contact numbers of previous customers and follow them up.
5. Make sure the quotation is comprehensive - it should itemise all the equipment.
6. Get companies to give an estimate of how much the system will generate (so far Stuart's predictions for our system have been spot on).
7. Ask for advice on the size of the system, don't be sold on a system on a standard size kit.
8. Ask what the benefits of the different modules is.
9. Get a really good feel for what the person's like. Talk to them and make sure you feel they really understand what they are talking about, and are an engineer, not just a salesman.
10. Make sure they look at the fuse box and look at the structure of the roof.Cathy Debenham
If you have a question about anything in the above blog, please ask it in the comments section below.
4 comments - read them below or add one