7 questions to ask a heat pump installer before you buy
Posted by Graham Hazell on 19 July 2013 at 11:52 am
With the details of the domestic renewable heat incentive now published, and renewable heat premium payments still available to help with the upfront cost, now is a good time to install renewable heat. But make sure you choose a good installer.
Here are seven questions to help you choose a heat pump installer that knows what they are doing:
1. Why have they chosen that particular manufacturer and model?- remember some suppliers/installers are tied to just one manufacturer as their country distributor. This could cloud their judgement but may also provide for very good product knowledge.
2. What other products did they consider and why were they rejected?
3. How many projects have they completed with this manufacturer and with other manufacturers?
4. How is the product supported? Does it have a UK network or are you limited to your supplier only? What warranty is provided and what are the requirements for maintenance to support the warranty?
5. Has the installer been on a training course with the supplier/manufacturer?
6. Is the installer a member of a trade association
7. Can you give me both typical and application-specific running cost estimates?
Photo: Slavo Valigurski
About the author: Graham currently works as a freelance specialist consultant and as a consultant to the Heat Pump Association.
If you have a question about anything in the above blog, please ask it in the comments section below.
0 comments - read them below or add one