Skip to main content
Observer Ethical awards Winners 2011

YouGen Blog

I've lost my MCS certificate. Can I still claim FITs/RHI?

Posted by Cathy Debenham on 26 November 2014 at 9:48 am

MCS certificates are vital if you want to claim the feed-in tariff or the renewable heat incentive. If you have lost yours - or your installer never gave you one, and has gone out of business - don't despair. There is a way around it.

As long as the installation was originally carried out by an installer who was MCS accredited at the time of commissioning you can approach MCS direct and they will create a certificate for you. 

You will need to ensure that you have all paperwork relating to the system in order for MCS to do this. You may also be required to provide further paperwork in order to apply for government incentive schemes.

Read this section of the MCS website, which will explain the process and where you should send the information. If you are not sure if you have had a certificate generated or you need a copy, contact the MCS Helpdesk.

Photo credit: Jellaluna via Compfight cc

More information about the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) on YouGen.

More information about Feed-in Tariffs on YouGen.

Find a renewable energy installer

Need help with any Jargon?


If you have a question about anything in the above blog, please ask it in the comments section below.

Like this blog? Keep up to date with our free monthly newsletter


0 comments - read them below or add one

No Comments.

Leave a comment

You must log in to make a comment. If you haven't already registered, please sign up as a company or an individual, then come back and have your say.