The YouGen code of conduct
We expect all company members of YouGen to take customer service seriously and as a minimum to pledge to meet the following standards in their dealings with customers.
- Be polite and honest.
- Inform you in advance if they make a charge for surveys.
- Turn up when they say they will, and reschedule in advance if they can't.
- Treat your house and property with care and respect, and leave it clean.
- Give a written quotation for the cost of installation; with prices itemised and broken down, and a clear schedule for payments.
- Give a written estimate of how much energy the product is likely to generate in a format that is easy for the lay reader to understand.
- Advise you before they go ahead, if they discover something undetected at survey that will alter the quoted price.
- Give you a signed contract before going ahead with the work
- Deal with any complaints quickly and professionally.
They will not:
- Apply pressure sales techniques
- Ask you to sign up on the day
- Inflate the price, and then offer you a discount for signing up on the day
- Overstay their welcome (sales meetings will not exceed 2 hours except in exceptional circumstances)
- Make unrealistic claims for the product