Energy savingDoors & windows Draught proofing Energy planning Energy refurbishment Heating & hot water Insulation Rainwater harvesting
Recommend this company Add to shortlist
[+] view more
Greenshop's mission is making buildings fit for the future.
What is the purpose of a house?
Your house should provide all your needs offering you shelter and security by giving you: -
1. Resilience against all weather conditions, rain, wind, heat, cold and flood.
2. High levels of insulation and air tightness plus high thermal mass to store warmth should the energy supply system fail. This thermal mass is fundamental to building temperature stability; it will also keep you cool in hot summers.
3. Adding renewables as part of the building security strategy, solar thermal, solar PV and water supplied from rainwater harvesting.
4. A healthy indoor environment using natural materials, natural paints and finishes, and cleaning materials.
5. If possible make use of the orientation for passive solar gain with larger windows facing south and smaller windows facing north.
Considering this, will keep you and your family healthy, safe and snug and will give the added benefit of lowering running costs, ensuring you economic resilience into the future. This is particularly important in these unpredictable times.
How we work
Company Type: Installer, Building services, Consultant, Energy advice / assessment, Heating engineer / plumber, Manufacturer, Wholesaler,
Markets we work in: Community, Domestic, New build, Private sector, Public sector, Renovation, Retrofit,
Products we supply: Rainharvesting Systems
Solar Thermal collectors
Windows & doors
Site visits and quotes: From an initial enquiry for an installation we then survey the site and ascertain any specific or legislation requirements before providing a quote. In some cases more than one quote is provided to meet a range of requirements.
In the case of material supply only to a third party, products are supplied as specified for the system. As manufacturers we supply design support if required.
After sales service: After handover of the system we support and service the system as required to ensure satisfactory operation. With most system that have the facility we maintain a database of annual outputs which is ongoing free of charge. This particularly applies to PV where an annual total generation figure is requested and checked against design to ensure the system has performed to specification over the previous year.
Annual, bi-annual, 5 & 10 year service plans are offered.
Need to know information
Date established: 1988
MCS certification: Yes
MCS Scheme Installer
MCS Number NAP14695
Certified bodies: NAPIT,
NB: to be certain that this information is up to date check on the MCS website before you go ahead.
Certified technologies: Solar electricity, Solar thermal, Wind power,
Environmental policy? Yes
Accredited environmental management scheme? None
Do you measure your company's carbon footprint? No
Trade Bodies: NAPIT,
Other certification schemes: BPEC Solar Hot Water Certification, HETAS - Solid Fuel Domestic Heating Registration Scheme, NAPiT, RECC (Renewable Energy Consumer Code), Solar Keymark,
Insurance policies in place to protect consumers?: Product liablity Employers Liability Real Assurance - QANW
Last recommended on: Nov 26th 2014 by PeteSanders